Interview with Jorge Lopez-Doriga, Chief Communication and Sustainability Officer at AJE.
In my job as The Creativity Explorer I get to meet so many very creative people. People who embody the very essence of creativity. It’s the best part of my job and a privilege.
I can live on these meetings for days. I recall one of these unforgettable meetings held sometime back, with Jorge Lopez-Doriga, Chief Communication and Sustainability Officer at AJE – the 5th largest beverage company in the world.
I wish I would have just recorded our conversation and put it up as a podcast, because it’s hard to summarise Jorge’s views on creativity, but I will try. But in honor of our conversation I will not just reference what was said, instead I will take the creative liberty to publish the essence of the message of our conversation about creativity. Some of these lines Jorge said, some of it I wrote based on what he said.
Read it slow and reflect.
Become Creative Energy.
– There is no separation between you and the world.
– What you see is energy that functions.
– All the past and all the future is included in today.
– When you access the source of everything, you enter the creative source.
– It gives you a vision of what to do.
– Get rid of your point of view. When you do, you get the whole picture.
– The world is being created and dissolved at every instance.
– Do not hold on to your ideas. You need to constantly question your approach.
– Ideas are not yours, they pass through you.
– Connect with the infinite unknown.
– Find the source where all is coming from.
– Turn the creative light inwards. They are called in-sights after all. The direction is clear. Go inwards.
– When you look at the surface of the mind you only see what is shallow. The surface is choppy, the calm is in the deep. Dive down there.
– Ideas come to us. They are not yours. Make sure you are open enough to receive them. Remove the interference.
– Do not just listen, become listening.
– When you really listen and see, you do not see objects or hear sounds – you see energy.
– Aim for a space that is a combination of emptiness and consciousness.
– This is not something you have to learn – it’s something you have to remember.
– Real art is transparent, you do not see paint and a canvas, you see something else.
– Creativity in the natural revolution – you have to find your source of creativity.
– It’s about returning to the source.
– Become the question – but do not look for the answer.
– When you ask questions all doors are open. When you look for answers all doors close except one.
– The problem with answers is that they make you think you know something.
– When you tap the creative source you cannot help but to respond – you get so much energy.
– How can you be tired with all the energy that exists in the source?
Become Creative Energy.
“Want to discover your full creative potential? Then watch more episodes on YouTube and do not forget to subscribe.If you prefer to get new inspiring episodes straight into your inbox then sign up for the newsletter below."